Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Insanity

Browsing through my two hundred and some published posts, I realized I'm always mulling over the same things theater, school and health. I changed it up for a bit with the wedding, but now that I'm happily married, I'm back to the same old musings. Well, not to disappoint - Yesterday was the first day of the Perfect 10 Diet, and it was also the first day in the last week of the two-month Insanity program I've been doing with Shawn T.

The program is INSANE! I mean literally. We work out six days a week with one full rest day. The first week, I could hardly move my calves hurt so much. Sleeping was uncomfortable because every time I turned I'd wake up from the pain. The second week, my lower back hurt. I was worried that my form was jeopardized and I wasn't using my center enough or correctly. However, I rolled out on the foam roller, stretched and realized I just needed to strengthen the lower back muscles. Sleeping was difficult during this week as well. The third week, my foot started to ache a little, but that passed quickly. By the forth week, I had a handle on what was being asked of me on a daily bases. The fifth week was recovery week. It was my favorite week. I felt energized after each work out and it was a lot of fun. 

Then month two started. It made month one look like a joke! Woof.  The work outs are longer and more demanding. I'm starting the fourth week now and there are still exercises that I struggle to complete. Like most workouts, it's different each day. Sometimes I'm really strong and sometimes I'm dying by minute five and there are fifty more minutes to go. 

I've been feeling medium with my results. I'll post before and after photos next week, but I have felt a little discouraged. I thought I'd have stronger results. For the most part, I monitored what I ate, but I didn't count calories. I'm in much much better shape than I was when I started, but I don't have those six pack abs that I had hoped to get. 

I listed to a podcast by Jillian Michaels about the infamous plateau which is what I feel like I'm experiencing. I do believe that I am in good shape and that my body believes it's healthy. It is healthy. I eat right and I work out. I'm at the top of the average weight for my height, but I'm healthy. So, I have what Jillian calls "vanity pounds" to loose. Thus, I started the Perfect 10 Diet. This is the diet that I did right before my wedding and it really helped slim me down. I'm really REALLY not into counting calories, but since it's only for a short time I'll do it. We'll see how it goes. 

No comments: